How did you use your own unique ideas in your work?
- I used a picture of mine that was taken in Haiti and I added in things like peacock feathers on the side of the picture and did zentangle in the landscape.
Did you use a source for inspiration, then combine it with your own ideas to make it original?
- My source was the photo from Haiti and I made it original by adding in my own unique touches.
Did you try something that you weren't sure about as part of this project?
- I wasn't sure about painting a photograph, but I think that it turned out pretty good!
Did you pick a material or technique that was new or different over something that was familiar?
- I've only worked with acrylics one other time two years ago, so I wasn't super familiar with acrylics, but after this project I think I adjusted to them again and I enjoy using them.
Did you learn new techniques or processes as part of the work for this project?
- I had never done something like this project before and I got familiar with gel medium when I put the strips of text on. It was something very new to me.
Did you gain skill with familiar materials?
- I didn't use any familiar materials at all. Everything that I used was new to me, which was pretty cool.
When did you step back and analyze your work during this project?
- I looked at my work after I finished putting the text strips on the little person and everything was cut out of the book. I knew after looking at what I had accomplished so far that the project was going to turn out nicely.
Did you consider how ideas would work before you tried them?
- I honestly didn't think about how this project would work out, I just kind of went for it. I saw some things kind of like it online so I told myself it couldn't be that difficult to do and just figured it out along the way.
If given the opportunity, the project that I would do over would be my acrylic painting. I wish that I had been able to get it done quicker because I took a lot of time thinking of exactly how I wanted it to look. I also wish that I had been a little bit cleaner in terms of the small and thin lines I had to paint. Some of them just look a little messy. I also wish I had used a little more value in my landscape part. I still really liked my idea, but I wish it had been a little bit cleaner and it didn't take me as long to do.