To create this print, we had to first draw a sketch of what animal we wanted to do. I picked a seahorse and I drew a sketch of that. We had to make sure that when we were drawing, we added texture and different patterns. So when we chose what part of our drawing we were going to use to print, we had to make sure that it had texture in it. Then we traced the part of our sketch that we wanted onto tracing paper and traced the back of the tracing paper as well. Once both sides of the tracing paper were traced, we put the paper on the linoleum and traced the markings back onto the linoleum. Once the markings of our sketches were on the linoleum, we took a carving tool and carved out the parts that we wanted to be white and we left the rest colored. Then we decided what colored paper and ink we wanted and we did practice rounds with it. Then we chose what final ones we wanted as our final product. I thought that this project was a lot of fun and pretty easy, as long as you didnt mess up. I did good at the sketching part, but my challenge was deciding what parts to leave white and what parts to leave colored. I learned that you have to be carful when carving out the linoleum so that you dont mess up. Make sure to do the minimum carving that you can so that you arent stuck with ruined linoleum!
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
I think that this project was cool but kind of disgusting at the same time. This was the easier photoshop project that we have done because it required less steps and time to do it. We had to take a picture of a mouth and a frog and make the frog have the tongue's texture and colors. We had to move it around so it looked as realistic as possible. Overall, this project was fun!
Monday, April 15, 2013
I think that overall this project went pretty well. I like using photoshop a lot because it's easy to do most of the time. The only difficult thing was the liquifying part of the process. It was hard to make that part look realistic. I would like to do this again sometime.
Monday, March 25, 2013
I think that this project was a success compared to what I did in photoshop. My picture looks like the picture I printed off so I did my stencil well. The process that we used was that we went into photoshop and opened up a picture. We came up with different colors to use as our different values. I could have used more colors and values to make my stencil better. Then, we printed it out and projected it on the white board so that we could make it larger to trace on the poster board. We did this for each color that we chose on our picture and I traced everything precisely. Once we were done with that, we found a piece of cardboard that would fit our stencils and we started to spray paint, which I did well on. The overall product was good, but I misaligned some things on there; that's why the corners are up higher than where the cardboard starts. I liked this project, but it was a lot of work!
Friday, March 8, 2013
Contour Shoe Drawing
My contour shoe drawing is of a friends shoe. We weren't allowed to lift up our pen at all, which was difficult for me, but I pulled it off. I think that compared to my other contour drawings, this one is one of the best. I also used some shading which wasn't required, but I felt like I needed a little something more. I could have improved on the overall shape of the shoe, which was difficult because of the angle that I had to draw. In the end though, I think it came out pretty well.
Monday, February 11, 2013
I think that there are many differences between the oil pastels that we've used in class and the Layers Pro app that we used in the media center. I think that the oil pastels are much easier to use than the app. Its's a lot easier to screw up on the app and I just dont think that it feels the same as the regular oil pastels. It is easier to blend though, which helps some. I think that my cone was definetly the best object of them all because it was easiest to shade. My cube was obviously my worst one because the colors I used turned into mush from so much blending. I also had part of the background on the cube too which didn't help much. I think that my shadows were pretty accurate though so that was another accomplishment. Technology is useful and important in art because it shows you which way you like to do art better. I think that I like the regular oil pastels better, but using this technology was a good experience.
Thursday, January 31, 2013
This cartoon skeleton was supposed to be the character, Daffy Duck. This does'nt display a full set of bones, but the final product did. It included all of the primary bones including the main ones; the skull, arms, shoulder blades, neck, spine, rib cage, pelvis, tailbone, legs, feet, and toe bones. I exagerated the skull by making it look like Daffy's actual head, but based it on a human skull. I also exagerated the tailbone by making it stick out more than on a human skeleton because he has a tail. The last main exageration was the feet because ducks have wider feet. I made his wider because he has webbed feet, not human feet. Overall, I think that my cartoon skeleton turned out pretty well! :):):)